Modern home security installations are becoming more capable every year. With that being said, it’s still easy to neglect to perform simple security duties like arming your home security, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
What if you never had to worry about these chores again? When you implement geofencing in Mesa, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Mesa For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary around your residence, which you may customize within your cell phone app. The technology then utilizes your mobile device to deduce when you go beyond the border and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart devices take advantage of to interact with one another. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by putting all components onto the same network. You can then institute a virtual “fence” around your property and designate what actions you want to take place when you cross the specified border.
For example, as soon as you exit your driveway, you may instruct your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, turn on lights, and even change your smart thermostat.
Here are some of the components you can control with geofencing:
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home’s security system in Mesa. When accessing the mobile app, you can reap the benefits of automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you can:
● Program schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to activate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to turn down to tell you that it's time for bed, or deactivate your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain components engage in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to turn on the exhaust fan if the fire alarm goes off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting if your doorbell camera detects unusual motion outside.
● Customize scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in harmony together. Make your lights turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks bolt when the day is done. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with preset light and thermostat levels.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to enable the security system as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you'll never forget to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Mesa
Whether you’re looking for added certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (480) 608-0065 or send in the following form to begin customizing your optimal security system.