Security cameras can solely be installed as a warning—a sign that informs burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, modern security cameras come outfitted with a plethora of tools all tailor-made to enable total protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way talk or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these tools enable you to get the most from home security cameras in Mesa.
How To Set Up Your Mesa Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Installing your security cameras on the ideal spots around your home is the right place to begin with home security.. Indoor security cameras should be placed in high traffic spots such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart move to install a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to pass to get to the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras work best to offer you a clear view of your patio, drive, and backyard, garage, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. You can always access a view of your front porch with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas within your interior that aren’t quite as vital to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, placing a camera in the bedroom could reduce your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Optimize Security Cameras
Device placement is only the first step in getting the most out of home security cameras in Mesa. The features described below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get automatic messages on your mobile device anytime strange activity is sensed. You can also program cameras to automatically start filming when activity is discovered which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your video surveillance to film and save clips for easy viewing later.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of modern security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to speak to people with the unit. Through ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re inside or welcome your kids as they get back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, allows for a more comprehensive look at what where you want to protect. Check for cameras that provide at least 120-degree wide angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will produce video of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more exact, create activity zones. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to inform you of activity occurring on your yard or your driveway and overlook animals passing or foot traffic.
- App: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to watch live camera footage, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send timely notifications when the see unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Mesa is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system is elevated from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (480) 608-0065 or complete the form below to get started personalizing your security system today.