Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Mesa
You realize you must protect your home. After all, it’s where your family lives and is where you store your possessions. But what form of home protection is ideal? Whether or not to use 24-hour monitoring is one of the primary considerations you must make. Explore the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Mesa and get a better idea of what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24-hour monitoring, your home security system bridges to a third-party monitoring team that is ready to offer assistance at all times. When a window sensor trips or a fire alarm begins beeping, your monitoring specialists get an instant warning. They will work quickly to validate the alarm and send the proper emergency professionals.
Conversely, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t include professional support. You can consider this to be self-monitoring, which means that if your alarm goes off, you have to act to resolve it. This option is the cheaper alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Mesa
Here’s a quick look at the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having 24-hour support at the ready is always smart. If you are away from home, asleep, or without your phone, your home and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Faster response times: Monitoring professionals are always prepared. They’ll respond in a speedier fashion to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security may make you eligible for a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Superior components and seamless integration: When you receive hardware, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security specialist, you will get access to a cohesive system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will discover independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will pay a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Numerous individuals would prefer to have work taken care of by qualified professionals, but some DIYers might want to do it by themselves.
- Need to sign a contract: You will typically have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This is likely to be agreeable for many as home security is a benefit you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Mesa
Here’s a quick breakdown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Install on your own: DIYers could consider this a pro as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an installation fee. Other people might prefer going with an experienced technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You can integrate equipment whenever you desire - and from your choice of manufacturer. However, you might find incorporating into a cohesive system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your system. If an urgent situation takes place, you’re in charge of getting support.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What happens when you’re away from your phone and don’t see a security alert? This scenario equates to added stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Calls for your full attention: Since you are the sole person in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you require help during the install, you might have to employ a separate service professional. The installation is also likely to take much longer.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Mesa
Stay protected at all times with a monitored home security system in Mesa from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home defense system is the ideal choice for your family. Contact (480) 608-0065 today to speak with our security experts.